Project DX15 – Young Members DXpedition to Wales
The Radio Society of Great Britain’s Youth Committee are running a Kenwood-sponsored Youth DXpedition and will be active as MC0RYC from the Brecon Beacons in Wales from 23-30 July 23. They’ll be on all bands HF through VHF, including satellite operations.
This is the first young person’s DXpedition that the Society has organised and therefore we are keen to publicise it as much as we can.
Throughout the course of the week, the young Members will be taking part in an array of activities including operating SOTA summits Pen-y-fan (SOTA reference GW/SW-001) & Waun-Fach (SOTA reference GW/SW-002). Provided the weather isn’t too bad, SOTA activations will be taking place on the following dates and times:
· Saturday 25 July – afternoon
· Sunday 26 July – afternoon
· Tuesday 28 July – noon UTC
· Wednesday 29 July – noon UTC
These are approximate times, and we will keep you up to date via our Twitter.
We will be doing many other activities including ARDF, antenna-building workshops and encouraging good radio operation. As well as having fun, we want to help train the young Members to be competent and confident radio amateurs. Attached is the July RadCom article on the DXpedition which I hope you enjoy.
You can support us by:
· Following our progress on Twitter @theRSGByouth
· Working the first RSGB Youth DXpedition in the UK – we will keep you updated on frequencies via our Twitter channel and the DX spots.
· Listening for the call sign MC0RYC during the IOTA Contest over the weekend 25-26 July. Please work the young team if you can, so they can experience the full flow of a big contest
A special QSL card will be available for those who wish to receive one, both direct and via the Bureau. The team are keen to encourage responsible QSLing and OQRS will be available via Club Log.
DX15 has been made possible by generous sponsorship from Kenwood as principal sponsor and other prime sponsors SOTA, the RCF and the RSGB Legacy Fund.
Please pass this information on to fellow amateurs, local clubs and any other amateur radio contacts you may have. Thanks for your support for the future of amateur radio.
We also have a dedicated email address set up for the DXpedition where you can email us if you have any questions or would like to set up a sked: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Jones, 2E0MLJ
Youth Committee Chairman